The Thomas family has been in the automotive service industry since the early 1970s, leasing two gas stations at different times, another auto repair shop, and building our current location in 1991. We have always labored to provide the Las Vegas valley with the highest quality of service, offering honest and fair work at competitive prices.
Recommended repairs to your vehicle are made with your personal safety and your vehicle's proper maintenance in mind. We will gladly explain any work that we have performed on your vehicle. At your request, we will save any of your old parts and return them to you upon completion of the work.
Should you have any problems with work performed by Thomas Automotive, we expect you to notify us or return to the shop to determine what needs to be done. OUR WORK IS GUARANTEED! If you have any suggestions on how we can improve our service to you, we will be happy to hear from you.
STOP BY ANY TIME to check out our library of FREE BOOKS. These used books have been donated by our customers and are free to anyone who wants them!
Meet our experts
Over 50 years of experience as a mechanic and business owner. Resident of Las Vegas since 1965. Graduate of UNLV with a BS in Business Management.
Treasurer and bookkeeper for family businesses since the 1970s. Resident of Las Vegas since 1952. Graduate of UNLV with Distinction earning a BA in Mathematics.
Shop manager and diagnostic tech. Mechanic since 1993. Licensed 2G emissions certification since 1995. Walter, as well as our other techs, keeps updated with changes in the automotive repair industry by taking ongoing educational classes in a/c, diagnostics, and emissions.
Mechanical experience since 1999, including heavy line experience, brakes, and fuel systems. He is our "go to man" for truck rentals. Currently, he is an undergraduate at UNLV, majoring in Criminal Justice and Business.
Graduated from CSN majoring in automotive technology. Licensed to perform smog testing. Stacy is also a diagnostic tech.
Junior Mechanic - Recent graduate from High School. He plans on continuing his education in Automotive Repair, eventually attending classes for his degree. On top of all of his goals, he is also an Eagle Scout, which is quite an accomplishment!
- Full service repair shop, including vehicle inspections
- Foreign and domestic, cars, trucks, RVs
- NV DMV licensed smog testing and repairs since 1975
- NV DMV registration renewals
- Serving Las Vegas since 1973
- Family owned and operated
- FREE ESTIMATES
- A+ Rating with Better Business Bureau
- Convenient, child-friendly waiting room
- Free WiFi
- Competitive prices CALL (702)656-7037
- Over 50 years of automotive experience
- Old parts returned to you, if requested
- Explantion of work done on your car
- OUR WORK IS GUARANTEED!
"Another great job by Thomas Automotive. Quick and efficient Services. Good people. They do their service at a fair price and are very honest. Use them."
"I have known and used Thomas auto for 4 decades ... They are the best and also trust worthy. You can relax."
"I have been using THOMAS Automotive now for a few years. My car has never run better, they are honest and well priced. If you need a auto mechanic for minor to major jobs, this is the place."
Upon giving us your repair requests and leaving your vehicle with us, we will inspect the vehicle to determine what needs to be done, how long it will take, and how much it will cost. Then we will contact you before any work is started.
- Autos - Trucks - RVs
- Foreign and Domestic
- 4-wheel Alignment
- Air Conditioning (A/C service, A/C repair)
- Axle Work, Bearings and Seals
- Brake Systems
- Check Engine Lights
- Classic Car Repairs (by special request only)
- Computerized Engine Analysis
- Diesel (minor repair and maintenance)
- Engine Replacement (seasonal)
- DMV Emission Testing Learn More!
- DMV Emission Repair (2G Certified) Learn More!
- DMV Vehicle Registration Renewals Learn More!
- Fuel Injection Systems
- Fuel Pumps
- Major Tune-Ups
- Minor Tune-Ups
- Radiators, Belts and Hoses
- Starters and Alternators
- Vehicle Inspections See Checklist
- Water Pumps
- And More!
NV DMV EMISSIONS TESTING/REPAIR AND VEHICLE REGISTRATION RENEWAL
Thomas Automotive has been an Authorized Emission Station for smog testing and repairs since 1975. We are licensed and bonded to do both the Emission Testing as well as Emission Repairs on gasoline powered vehicles. When your smog check is completed, we can re-register your vehicle. Your registration renewal will be updated instantly at the DMV.
Passenger cars, trucks, RVs and motor homes need an emissions test if they are:
- Based in the urban areas of Clark or Washoe county
- Gasoline powered (regardless of weight or size)
- Diesel powered with a manufacturer's gross vehicle weight rating up to and including 14,000 pounds and 1968 model year or newer
- New vehicles on their third registration. First and second registrations are exempted. Hybrids are exempt for five model years.
Emissions tests are valid for 90 days. The test results are transmitted to the DMV immediately and you will receive a Vehicle Inspection Report. At this time, you may also renew your vehicle registration at Thomas Automotive.
Don't take your 1996 or newer vehicle in for an emission test right away if you have just disconnected the battery for any reason. Your vehicle will not pass the test and will be "Rejected". The vehicle will need to be driven under varying conditions for up to one week in order for the On Board Diagnostics system to re-establish drive cycles.
If your vehicle FAILED the smog test, feel free to CALL US (702)656-7037
More information regarding vehicles registered in Nevada can be found at the DMV official website